The Carnegie Library Mt. Washington branch is located directly across from the scenic overlook of Grandview Avenue. The library was opened to the public in 1900 and was one of the first of the neighborhood-style libraries built by Andrew Carnegie.
In 2019, CLP selected Volpatt for the renovation and addition of their Mt. Washington branch, CLP’s 18th project in its neighborhood library revitalization plan. The scope of work involved the renovation of a 2,500 SF, two-story addition to the existing 5,000 SF library, including interior and exterior renovations to the historic landmark edifice. The installation of a new slate roof with new copper gutters and downspouts. The renovation addressed ADA-compliance with a new entrance ramp, elevator and restrooms. Upgraded to energy efficient HVAC, electrical and lighting systems. Dedicated areas were created for children, teens and adults, as well as spaces for community meetings.